Thursday, November 1, 2012

Beijing, China

the first of november, two thousand and twelve
 

Guess where I am. Guess guess guess! I have one minute left in my brain. It starts with a 'P'.  Can you guess? China! ;)


Grant and I finally made it all the way to China but we are stuck in the airport :(  The flight wasn't as bad as I anticipated but I think I have lock-knee.  We had been on the plane about an hour and I was in and out of sleep when Grant turns to me all concerned and says, "I can't sleep. I can't sleep".  I really didnt know how to respond because I was thinking, 'Umm, what can I do about that? Bummer dude.'  But by the time I turned back he was passed out for like 6 hours.  Guess he worked it out ;)


The guy next to me was nice and chatty for a while, helping to get me into Chinese mode.  Still need to try to speak more Chinese between Grant and me.


The airport is huge but creepily empty! So few people compared with what I was expecting.  We were a little paranoid to walk through any doors thinking it would lead past a point of no return when all we need to do is transfer.  But we eventually found it.




It's 2:30pm Wednesday PST for most of yall, but 5:30am Thursday for us!  Unfortunately, most of the stores and such in the airport are still closed.  Our flight to Taipei (pronounced Taibei in Mandarin) doesn't leave until 8:30am so we have three hours to kill and no money to spend in the airport because I didn't bring renminbi, Chinese currency.

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I'm imagining Grant with both chair arm's grasped, unblinking, just mumbling "i can't sleep i can't sleep i can't sleep" then blacking out. Ideally. Ya know. In my brain...

    That's a bummer they won't do the conversion for you. You would think in BEIJING of all places it would be equipped for that. Are there a lot of travelers from other countries there? Or mainly Asian?

    ReplyDelete